BL-01 Introduction to Bladed software and wind turbine technology
The 5 day course is designed for new users of Bladed. It includes hands-on guided use of the software complemented by tutorials on key topics of wind turbine technology.
This course includes hands-on guided use of the Bladed software completed by tutorials on key topics of wind turbine technology. By the end of the coures you will be able to understand the basic principles of a wind turbine, build a complete wind turbine model, perform load calculations, understand control concepts and have an overview of site specific load calculations.
- Introduction to Bladed
- Building a wind turbine model
- Rotor aerodynamics
- Structural dynamics
- Control and safety systems
- Modelling the environment
- Running steady calculations
- Running simulations
- Post-processing and reporting
- The role of standards and certification
- Offshore wind climate and wave loading
- Offshore structures and foundations
- Site specific load calculations
- Seismic loading
Engineers who are new to the field of wind turbine design and / or new to using Bladed software.